Wednesday, September 03, 2008

At what point does optimism become unreasonable? Is the loss of optimism necessary in a pragmatic world or is it just a sad moment when hope is lost? As with any true conundrum, the truth takes aspects of both and as a result, neither is entirely true. I'm not optimistic about the current state of the world, and especially the type of world any children I might have would live in. But to choose not to have children would, in and of itself, represent a loss of optimism. I do not believe I am alone in my concerns about the state of the world, but does that stop others from becoming parents? Of course not. "Pragmatism" and optimism must live in harmony. Does that help me figure out where I stand. Perhaps. I guess I'll just have to be optimistic that I'll get it figured out.

No comments: