Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Adventure Continues

It truly became an adventure yesterday when Druk Air (Bhutan's only airline) told me that they had no record of me and that I had a visa letter from the wrong government ministry. Funnily enough, it didn't strike me as a big deal. I knew that I needed to contact some people and get things happening, but it didn't really concern me greatly. I knew things would work out. Remarkably, they have worked out according to the original schedule. This is pretty impressive considering not only did I have the wrong documents, but tomorrow's flight was already full. It pays to have contacts, I guess. :)

Next you hear from me, I'll be in Bhutan. As if it weren't going to be a shock anyway, after a couple of days in Kathmandu, I think it will be a huge change. Bring on the change.

P.S. I saw monkeys today. :) For anyone wondering, I did not do my monkey impression for them (but I did feel right at home). ;)

No comments: