Thursday, January 21, 2010

OK Go is a band with a great history of quirky and entertaining videos (at least if you're me). Their popularity as a band has been catapulted by the viral success of their videos and their record company is now trying to more tightly control the message. The result could be more press and more interest because of the conflict, more videos watched, more songs,albums and ads sold (since you can be sure ad sales are part of the music company reality when so much is available online. It could also be a negative in all or some of these areas. In any case, I thought I'd do exactly what the record music company doesn't want me to do and embed the video on my little blog.

OK Go - This Too Shall Pass from OK Go on Vimeo.


Other videos and further on the conflict can be found here.

No comments: