Friday, June 15, 2007

Full Mind or Mindful?

I've been in a training program this past week looking at intercultural competency. Without really picking my wording apart let me say that cultures need not specifically be related to countries or regions of heritage. It need only represent a group with which we identify. Still, I couldn't help but go into things with the mindset that intercultural theory would be specifically applied in such circumstances. Imagine my surprise then when I identified communication models that I felt could be applicable with those who I believe to share my culture. I guess it comes down to being mindful. I hope I'm working in the right direction on that.

I'm heading on a wee work adventure so if I'm not around for the next week, at least I have an excuse.

No comments: