Saturday, August 12, 2006

Telecommunication

I came home from work yesterday to no tv, no phone and no internet. No, the tv, phone and... internet were not stolen (I think you'd have noticed if the internet was stolen). My service for each one just no longer existed. The tv was coming for a long time. It had been a year since I moved in, attached the cable only to find that it still worked. There were enough times too that I wished it would just go away and leave me in peace to waste my time with more productive pursuits. The phone and internet were another story though. I pay for those. On time. I think the cable dude managed to mess up my phone while messing up my cable. Awfully messy, that. Luckily enough, with a little help, things got unmessed. Kinda goes without saying as I am sending this over the web and not merely with the (albeit impressive) power of my mind. It may be a sign of a weak connection with my community that losing this trio of communication tools left me feeling rather cut-off. Then again, not having a working phone will be a challenge no matter how connected you are with those around you. It turns out playing "broken telephone" isn't as much fun as it used to be.

No comments: