Thursday, September 28, 2006

I'm a lucky guy. I'm not referring to my success stopping a thief. Instead, I'm lucky to have an interesting, enjoyable and fulfilling job. I have tended to avoid discussing work in this context. There are too many people who consider their blogs an opportunity to sound off about anything and everything (I might be one of them) and some who may ignore the potential consequences (I hope not to be one of them). People have been fired over their blog content. I don't want that to be me. More to the point, I feel people deserve their privacy. As such, I limit how much detail I provide about anyone (besides myself).

While still respecting people's privacy I can say that today was a day where I felt particularly good about my work. Thanks to my work I was asked to be a witness at a wedding. This was not in the least way elaborate (that will follow in the future). But to be asked by someone to share in such a special moment is quite moving. More so when your connection is through work rather than years of friendship. What can I say? I'm a lucky guy.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

you think you're so special.




that's cuz you are! (awwwwww!)

justin said...

Barf!




And thanks! ;)