Thursday, March 23, 2006

Go get 'em!

I know a lot of "go-getters". You know, people who seem to be proactive about getting out and getting things done or getting involved in things. To some degree or another, we are all like that. Some of us find it easy to consider ourselves the antithesis of being a "go-getter" but we've all got it in us. But, even if I check my insecurities at the door I still see those who are much more likely to be actively involved in their own lives and the lives of those around them. That's where Canada25 comes in. When it was pointed-out to me by a colleague today I thought: "what a good idea". What I didn't think was: "I need to join". I do feel like there are plenty of folks out there who should. Hell, I should. But will I? In their own words: "We are a non-profit, non-partisan organization that brings the voices and ideas of Canadians, aged 20-35, to the nation's public policy discourse and takes action on issues of local and national significance." Everyone in that age group should be involved. I'm definitely happy to know about it. Now I just need to see whether I want to use it as a way of sharing my voice and idea. While I consider that, you might want to do the same.

No comments: