Saturday, April 22, 2006

"Music to rob trains by"

"Music for an Irish wake". Yes, it's late again, and I'm still espousing the virtues of the Silver Hearts. This is a band that counts Tom Waits, Marelene Deitrich and the Muppets among their influences. I'm already looking forward to their next show (it's too bad I don't know anything about any upcoming shows).

Here I was pushing the band on everyone I knew but missed perhaps the best opportunity. A friend has a show on campus radio every Tuesday afternoon. The Sweet Hereafter exhibits Tuan's penchant for Sarah Harmer but plenty of other great Canadian (and non-Canadian music). Even though it's a little late for this past show, I think I will need to share the joys of the Silver Hearts with Tuan. Maybe he'll even play them. If he knows what's good for him he will. Did that sound menacing? I've been thinking of becoming a "heavy". Think I can do it? Don't answer that.

By the way, I've added a new "friend" to the list of people with blogs on the side. We're not the closest but I think he deserves a link. Enjoy.

No comments: