Thursday, April 06, 2006

Perspective

Funnily enough, in the past week I have seen an illusion twice that I had never seen before. It involves folding a Canadian $20 Bill vertically through the Queen's head in just such a way that when you tilt the bill up and down she appears to smile and frown. Simple enough and rather entertaining. More to the point for me, it highlights the effect of our perspective on the world around us. If where we are in relation to a $20 bill can change the way we see it so much, then imagine our change in perspective when we really shift our point of view. For me, spending more time with my friends has "tilted the bill" for me. I can only hope that there will be plenty of "bill tilting" in my future (and yours, if you fancy yourself a "bill tilter").

No comments: