Monday, March 26, 2007

Politics

I just finished my last post with mention of how tired I am. That hasn't changed but I needed to make note of more pressing matters before drifting off. I watched Man of the Year this evening. Robin Williams as a political comedian is elected as the President of the United States. It spoke to discontent with the status quo (and was good for a few laughs too). I promise I'm getting to something more "pressing". Today is election day in Quebec. It appears that discontent with the status quo (both the leading party and the traditional opposition) has brought about something entirely new. Quebec is looking like it will have its first minority government in almost 130 years! European parliaments handle minority governments awfully well. I can only hope that the province down the road can see this opportunity for change as a positive challenge.

No comments: