Sunday, December 11, 2005

Chrismakkuh is coming

The snow continues to fall fluffily. And yes, before you ask, fluffily is a word. I'd personally be happy if it kept up like this 'til the end of March. I have a feeling I'd make enemies of many of you if I made that wish come true. At least most people would be happy if we have a white Chrismakkuh. Sure, most of you might not worry too much about menorahs and gelt (I would be amongst you), but the fact remains that Hannukah starts on the evening of Dec. 25 this year. That makes it a Merry Chrismakkuh for everyone. We'll be doing our best to celebrate in style with both my mom's and dad's sides of the famly. That might sound pretty normal to both of you but when they've been divorced for almost 20 years it adds a new flavour. Don't get me wrong, we get together a lot and I know that I personally love it. Just not your regular family Christmas.

My brother brought his travelling talent show to town this weekend. It may have been little more than a 24 hour visit but we're all about quality, not quantity. He gave me new ideas, insights and furniture. Hard to go wrong with that. While we stuck with the theme of snowflakes with the cookies we made, I thought a picture that is a little removed from the snow would be in order. What with this black background, I don't want things to get too monotone. This is from Lake Superior Provincial Park this past summer.

Whoa, that was close. I almost forgot to include today's link. All this talk of dates of holidays remind me how important it is to stay on top of the date and time. Enter the human clock. Not only will it help you keep track of the time with the help of people from all over the world. They also have a human calendar (lower left side). You'll never miss an appointment again! Unless of course, you're waiting to see what comes up on the clock next.

No comments: