Wednesday, December 07, 2005

December 7

I know, I know. The titles of the past couple posts are pretty dull. But, both dates stand out for their own reasons. In the case of today, it is another tragic anniversary (and no, I'm not talking about my dad and stepmom's 14th wedding anniversary... that is far from tragic), rather, it is also the anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbour. You probably knew that already. But I bet you didn't know that on this day in 1787, Delaware became the first state to ratify the United States Constitution. Maybe you knew that Noam Chomsky was born on this day in 1928. I'm not a walking history textbook. Today's link, Wikipedia, told me. You might all be quite familiar. If not, it is a free encyclopedia that anyone can edit. Their goal is to be the "largest encyclopedia in history, in terms of both breadth and depth." Good luck with that. Remember, if you've been really dying to share your intimate knowledge of faberge eggs with the world, this may be your chance.

In light of all the terrible things that have happened and continue to happen in the world. This is not to be lost.

No comments: