Monday, December 26, 2005

Could I be more tired, and more full?

The answer to that rhetorical question: Probably not. Ah holidays. Friends, family, food and so many excesses. I should post an image of the massive pile of paper used to wrap our plentiful gifts. But, while it tells a story (many perhaps), it is not immediately available.

I just erased some thoughts on the anniversary of the South-East Asian Tsunami. While it bothers me that we need anniversaries to remind us of the passage of time and to bring the original events into sharp relief I think it is worthwhile if we use them as opportunities to revisit our role and what we can do (even while we fall victim to our own excesses). I don't think we should feel constantly guilty, just that we should be conscious and not take things in our lives for granted. In light of that, some seasonal beauty to enjoy.

No comments: