Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Go Green!

That's not me cheering for the end of winter and the return of the green of the plants and trees. Just because it is wickedly cold outside doesn't mean that winter isn't great. In fact, I'm looking forward to making the most of this winter. I'm hoping skiing plays a big part in that. But there is something green that will happen this winter. January 23rd in fact. That is the federal election. Without getting too deep into politics I want to highlight something that was sent my way today. As you may or may not know, the debates are coming up very soon and there is one national party that is not included. That is the Green Party. I'm not going to tell you that you should vote for them but I do feel that they have as much right to be in the debates as any other party. Just because they haven't been elected historically doesn't mean they don't have things of value to say. So, if you're so inclined you can learn more about this issue and maybe even sign the petition calling for the Green Party to be included in the debate at http://www.info-greenparty.ca/petition/.

In honour of their efforts, here's a little more green.

No comments: