Thursday, December 08, 2005

Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel...


You can see Jamie standing there in the bottom left corner doing his damndest to stay dry. Ok, he knew staying dry wasn't in the cards. He was mugging for the camera 'cause I wanted him to. What a good friend. The picture is from my recent visit to Vancouver Island and is on Mystic Beach along the west coast of the island north of Sooke. I love seeing new things. Speaking of which, I have two links today. Both offer new ways to "see" the news. They are visual representations of the frequency that news stories are reported around the world. Newsmap splits stories into subject areas with purty colours and the size of each story is representative of how many times the story has been reported. Buzztraker shows geographical locations of news stories with the size of the dot describing how many stories are out there relating to that area. Check 'em out.

p.s. No explanation for the Dreidel title, except that it was in my head.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your title. I like that it has nothing to do with the picture (which is so very cool) or what you wrote. Keep up the good blog.